Over the past several weeks, your Re-Opening Team has been working to develop and implement a safe re-opening plan for our physical space while adhering to the City of Toronto Public Health COVID-19 Guidance for Places of Worship document (revised July 16, 2021).
Pending any unforeseen circumstances or revised Public Health Directives, the church will tentatively open for Sunday Worship on September 26, 2021 at roughly 30% capacity (50 people max). Online services via Zoom (broadcasted from the sanctuary) will also continue.
Things will look and feel a little different! If you feel comfortable with attending worship in person you will need to:
- RSVP to the church office (firstname.lastname@example.org or 416-422-0510) by 2 p.m. on the Friday proceeding worship (you will receive a reminder e-mail each Tuesday)
- Report that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to attend in person
- Enter the church via the west door (parking lot entrance)
- Wear a mask (disposable masks available if you forget yours)
Upon entry, you will be required to:
- Maintain physical distancing of at least 2 metres
- Proceed to table set up in the narthex where you will:
- Be greeted and screened (for fever, cough, difficulty breathing, sore throat, runny nose, nausea/vomiting/diarrhea, loss of taste/smell, travel history out of the country in the past 14 days)
- Be identified for possible future contract tracing and
- Use the provided hand sanitizer
To assist you and to maintain safe flow, an usher will direct you to a safe seat to allow a 6 feet space between each individual/household. Seating will start at the front and work backwards. Please follow the directions of the ushers and the markings on the floor. You will likely not be seated in your usual pew.
At the end of the service, an usher will direct you in leaving the pews starting with the back rows first. The balcony will be closed for now.
You will note that bibles, hymnals and copies of Living Faith have been removed from the sanctuary.
- Music will be provided by Cecilia (in person). Hymns will continue to be pre-recorded and sung by section leads. There will be no congregational singing, communal prayers or responsive psalms. And of course, no physical passing of the peace. Communion is on hold.
- One washroom (across from the office) will be available during the service. One person/household may use the washroom at one time. An occupancy sign is posted on the door. High touch surfaces (railings, door handles etc.) will be cleaned prior to the service.
- Rooms that remain closed (Glebe Parlour, Ben McLean Chapel etc.) all have signage indicating current limitations. The sanctuary doors and windows will be open during the service for ventilation and to decrease the need to touch surfaces.
- The Collection plate will not be passed during the service. A plate will be available in the Narthex for contributions. You can of course continue to send your donations by cheque to the church office or use INTERAC e-Transfer (learn more).
- Coffee Hour is cancelled. For those folks who would like to say hello to those joining worship via Zoom, a photo booth will be set up at the front of the church. You will need to stay in your seat until others have exited and then proceed to the area individually. Ushers/screeners will be available to direct traffic.
- In-person church school and nursery care remain cancelled for now. Please connect with Grace McCreary re on-going Zoom sessions.
We believe that we have put in place a safe plan but encourage you to decide which worship option (Virtual or In-Person) is the best for you based on your current health, risks and how comfortable you feel.